COVID-19 relaunch status map
The health and safety of Albertans remains our top priority as Alberta moves through our relaunch strategy. This includes measures to control the spread of COVID-19 and respond to potential outbreaks.
The COVID-19 status map shows the level of risk in regions and information about local health measures. It also shows the rate of COVID-19 cases and the number of active cases.
Regions are defined by municipal boundaries. Each region is either:
- a municipality of 10,000 or greater population: a city, town or municipal district (or county)
- communities smaller than 10,000 are included in the surrounding municipal district. Communities include First Nations reserves, Metis Settlements and towns.
Regions are designated as open, watch or enhanced relaunch status. All regions must continue to follow Alberta’s public health measures and guidelines, regardless of relaunch status.
- low level of risk, no additional restrictions in place
- less than 50 active cases per 100,000
- the province is monitoring the risk and discussing with local government(s) and other community leaders the possible need for additional health measures
- at least 10 active cases and more than 50 active cases per 100,000
- risk levels require enhanced public health measures to control the spread
- informed by local context