Coronavirus information (COVID-19) | Northern Health
We are so grateful for the many offers we’ve received from individuals and organizations who want to donate protective equipment, financial support, food, and time to our health care workers and hospitals during the COVID-19 pandemic.
If you wish to donate any items, please see our Donate page for more information.
What is Northern Health doing?
- The BCCDC and Ministry of Health are monitoring the outbreak of COVID-19, and working with provincial and federal partners of public health management, surveillance, diagnostic testing, and infection control measures with health authorities.
- All NH sites are involved in the ongoing planning and preparation for COVID-19 response.
- As there’s a need for our patients, staff, or visitors to change behaviours, or changes to how local health care is accessed, we are committed to keeping the community informed.
- Northern Health has an emergency operation centre (EOC) in place to oversee the response to COVID-19. The EOC will ensure we are prepared for potential risks and issues, and that our contingency and business continuity plans are in place and ready to respond in community, acute and long term care settings. We are taking this very seriously.
- In addition, Northern Health is taking proactive measures to maintain our stock of health care supplies and to prevent any supply disruptions. This includes filling normal inventories at sites based on historical requirements.
- COVID-19 testing locations are operational in all communities across the Northern Health region. Please note that people are being asked NOT to go to testing locations without an appointment. Testing is available for all who need it but not everyone requires a test.
- This is an evolving situation here and in BC, and the country. We will be continuing to provide updates as we have them.
- Due to COVID-19, a number of NH outpatient services (such as laboratory and diagnostic imaging) have changed their processes. We encourage patients who typically use these services to double check with the facility or department before visiting for unscheduled or drop-in services, as appointments made in advance may now be required. Find additional info on laboratory appointments.